Adding one of each to my Christmas list… ahh, I wish.
Adding one of each to my Christmas list… ahh, I wish.
Hit play and enjoy! – mobile and tablets…
1. Beast of Burden – The Rolling Stones
2. Thunderstruck – AC DC
3. Animal – Def Leppard
4. Life In The Fast Lane – The Eagles
5. Straight On – Heart
6. Authority Song – John Mellencamp
7. I Want To Break Free – Queen
8. Even The Loosers – Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
It is extremely sad that way too many horses are getting injured and even dying on the streets of NYC. This holiday season let’s join the efforts to ban horse-drawn carriages.
The documentary BLINDERS shows the reality of how horrible the horse-drawn carriage industry in NYC really is. Many organizations including PETA have launched campaigns and bring attention to the problem. There’s even a very awesome solution which would maintain the historic and romantic feel of the tours while offering jobs to current workers of the horse carriage industry: New Yorkers for Clean, Livable and Safe Streets (NYCLASS) supports a legislation to phase-out horse carriages in NYC and replacing them with a fleet of vintage-replica electric cars – the 21st Century horseless carriage. NYCLASS and the ASPCA have pledged to find all 220 NYC carriage horses loving retirement homes and assure that no horse will be sent to slaughter. Everyone can help the horses and this cause: we can start by going HERE and by simply not supporting the horse carriage industry.
Horse collapses in Central Park due to heat exhaustion
NOTE – There is a lot of information on the horse-drawn carriage issue online, along with opposing points of view. Equestrette is our little space online where we express our individual thoughts. We respect everyone’s opinion, we encourage and will approve and reply to respectful comments only, regardless of differing points of view.
Boring meal time for pooch or kitty? No more plain bowl of food that is empty in less than 5 seconds with the Green interactive feeder! We actually don’t have the gulp-eaters at home, quite the opposite, our nuggets could care less about their food. That is why I think this feeder would be great: they would have to work for their food and it would be fun and entertaining -at least for me to watch them.
I know for sure Boogie the poodle would give me an are-you-kidding-me look, and Daisy the jack russell would say yay!! play time! I can’t wait to get one for them.
I’m amazed at how smart and wonderful horses of all sizes are to us. People have been helped by these great creatures throughout history and today the smallest breeds continue the tradition by helping assist the blind in the same way dogs are used. Miniature horses are officially approved by federal guidelines to be used as guide animals as stated in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). The average weight of minis is around 50-100 pounds, they can live in your home and are allowed to go just about anywhere their owner wants to go. The Guide Horse Foundation is a great organization that has a ton of information as well as ways all of us can help out. They point out some key advantages to using Miniature horses to assist the blind:
• Guide minis are very clean and can be housebroken, they do not get fleas and only shed twice per year.
• Miniature horses have the advantage of living much longer lives and can assist for about 20 years while dogs might be of service for only 6 years.
• With the right training and desensitization, horses stay calm in chaotic situations, and they remember danger for decades due to their phenomenal memory.
• Horses have excellent vision, their independent eye movement can track potential danger with each eye, plus they can see clearly in almost total darkness.
• Trained horses are very focused, not easily distracted or addicted to human attention so they don’t get excited when petted or groomed.
• Horses are naturally safety oriented, they look out for danger and guide their master along the safest and most efficient route avoiding obstacles.
link: THE GUIDE HORSE FOUNDATION
Clockwise from the top:
1. Ladies Utility Jacket – barbour.com
2. Ray-Ban Aviator Large Metal Sunglasses – ray-ban.com
3. Burberry London Camel Horse Embroidered Scarf – stylebop.com
4. 7 For All Mankind Roxanne Classic Skinny Jeans – stylebop.com
5. Sam Edelman Parley Low Heel Chelsea Boot – asos.com
6. Current Elliot Bluejay The Scout Denim Top – stylebop.com
This is the sweetest story of James Bowen and the street cat named Bob that changed his life. James found the injured cat in the hallway of his accommodations at a time when he was trying to straighten up his life. He took care of the kitty, even though he couldn’t really afford it, and Bob never again left his side. The pair have been inseparable ever since, busking in the streets of London, high-fiving in between songs. They have both not only healed their troubled pasts but have made it big with a published bestseller book, a children’s book, as well as a possible movie deal. Can’t wait to get read about their adventures!
Follow James and Bob on Facebook
These photo projects by Turkish artist Sakir Gökçebag are fantastic! He skillfully arranges and manipulates fruit into these visually dynamic geometric shapes and patterns. My favorite are his apple pieces but his other fruits are equally great. His other works include installations using umbrellas, toilet paper, shoes and various other materials. My horse and I would love to go to one of his exhibits.
Apple Peach Series:
link SAKIR GÖKÇEBAG
Estancia La Candelaria is a stunning luxury retreat I have been dreaming about. It is located 114.5 Km. outside of Buenos Aires, Argentina. The historic castle, designed by French architect Alberto Favre in 1894, will take you back in time whether you choose to stay in an opulent castle room, a rustic country-styled colonial room, a private bungalow at the edge of the woods or in the Dutch mill for the ultimate escape. Enjoy the fabulous cuisine, from traditional asados to creole and international recipes. For the horse lover, there is riding available as well as polo lessons, tennis, soccer, cycling and 18-hole golf course. This would definitely be a super vacation!
link: Estancia La Candelaria